Which should I buy?

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
OK as you all know, my computer is shitty due to lack of FREAKING RAM! I feel like making a new custom computer but I don't have the budget yet so I'm just gonna buy the RAM.
However, can I ask your opinion (experienced tech people) on which RAM should I buy?

I got the latest price list and these are the prices for RAM

CORSAIR PC1333 D3 4GB RM130
KINGSTON PC1333 D3 4GB RM130
MUSHKIN PC1333 D3 4GB RM128

P.S. RM means Ringgit Malaysia, currency of my country. To convert, go here

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Any of the three would do fine IMO. Keep in mind if you have an old PC with an older motherboard, chances are it won't support DDR3 ram.

Last edited:

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
what damage said, they are all about the same price, so that's not a turning point.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
You should post ur motherboard model so we can determine what you need, also how much ram is in it now?

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
oh shit i should have thinked about the MOBO! My MOBO is MSI PM8M-V. looks pretty old and has a burnt ethernet card

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Specs:

MSI PM8M-V - motherboard - micro ATX - P4M800 specifications
General
Product Type Motherboard - Micro ATX
Chipset Type VIA UniChrome P4M800 / VIA VT8237R
Max Bus Speed 800.0 MHz
Processor Socket Socket 478
Max Processors Qty 1.0
Compatible Processors Pentium 4 , Celeron
Memory
RAM Installed 0.0 MB
Max Supported Memory 2.0 GB
Supported RAM Technology DDR SDRAM
Supported RAM Speed PC2700 , PC3200

source:
http://reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/msi-pm8m-v-motherboard/1707-3049_7-31527302.html

Nabil, you need DDR memory and can only use 2GB's MAX. You're screwed bud. Time to save up and upgrade your PC.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
haha yea Wally's right, save up and buy a barebone kit, you just need to put it together

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
i feel like crying now.....I will get my new Custom end of this year! shit that is too long....

Top Bottom