Recording gameplay without lag

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Recording gameplay without lag/recording a demo file

Some of you might know this already, but I just noticed this today and wanted to share it.

1. write /record to console and you’ll notice a “recording 10kb” text at the bottom of the screen
2. When your done recording just write /stoprecord to console
3. Download, extract and open CoD4 player
4. Click open demo and choose your demo file. Next it will ask you another location and choose iw3mp.exe
5. Now cod4 will open and play your demo file. Use the keyboard commands to control your video progression (pause, slowmotion, fast forward etc.)

If you want to save your gameplay as a video file, then just use fraps or xfire to record it from the demo file while it’s playing. For the best recording result I suggest you set Fraps to record as "Full" resolution and set CoD4 to 1280x720 (or 1980x1080 if you want 1080p) and windowed (with "r_fullscreen 0" command) to get non-scaled footage that is easy to edit later on.

2nd method of opening a demo file without cod4player

1. Move your demo file from "cod4\main\demos " to "cod4\mods\ModWarfare\demos"
2. Open CoD4 and select "ModWarfare" from the mods menu
3. type "demo (demoname)" in console to open it
4. Now your demo file will play. Use "/diconnect" or "/quit" to close it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Thankyou! Fraps always lags my cod but never any other games:/ i hope i can use Corel VideoStudio Pro with these files. Any idea what type of file they are?

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I think he means while playing the video in the CallofDuty player fraps will be able to record the video from there.

Nice post man!

Sent from MasterCLiP using Tapatalk

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I think he means while playing the video in the CallofDuty player fraps will be able to record the video from there.

Nice post man!

Sent from MasterCLiP using Tapatalk
lol... i didnt fully read. i feel dumb now

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Wow man this is a great thread, mostly cuz the link is direct. lol... thanks.

xFire lags the shit out of recording if I do it in game. The files are also HUGE. This is good because you can find the kills you want and record only them using xfire. (my res isnt that high even and the files are huge, 1280x800).

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
emmm, I have a problem... I use a laptop and not a desk computer so I dont have a numberpad. Is there anyway I can change the settings???

J

Jonesy

Your laptop will have a 'Fn' key located somewhere on it with a unique color. Other keys with the unique color will show what function they perform. Press an hold the 'Fn' key and the press another key with the unique color on it. Usually keys that get used by your right hand will also double and a number pad when the 'Fn' key is held down or 'Fn lock' is engaged.

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
o_O thx a lot Jonesy! I dont know u but Im the 1 whos looking foward to kill u XD

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
ahha, i alraedy knew this, and used this to record some clips
but thanks anyways for those people who didn't know

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
damn it! i recorded at my macbook pro, the demo, but when i view my demo, it was blur and kinda slow?! and everytime i kill it looks like im aimbotting??? why is this happenning??

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
when i record with fraps there are no problems with lags, but if we talking cod4 online, i lag so much anyway it wouldnt matter lol

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Ah need some help with this, recorded a video (/record then /stoprecord) then when to get it out of the callofduty 4 demo folder but when I opened it my demo file I record wasn't there! Wut happened??

Top Bottom