January 2011 BO patch

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The other day I noticed Steam updating my BO. I hadn't played for a week and saw joe_momma complaining how he couldn't get on BO. I gave it a shot and lo-and-behold I couldn't get on either.

It would load the game and get to the point "Fetching data" and soon after the screen would flicker and I'd get a black screen and the only way to get out of it was to exit the game via Task-Manager.

joe had some success with a restart but I didn't. I have it a day, expecting another update or something but nothing helped; not even letting it start in safe-mode.

I started looking for solutions to my problem and hopefully this may help some of you later down the road. I found a YouTube video which was somewhat related to my error so I gave it a shot.

The solution is fixing your game cache!

Do the following steps:

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
I restarted Steam and voila, I was able to game-on once again.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't know why i didn't think of that. I read about it a while back. I think i had Code do this to fix his BO problem a couple weeks ago.

Good post.

Top Bottom