Call of Duty MW3 (out in Nov 2011)

mohammed

Banned
Out November this year
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 being developed by three studios. Out November this year

Matt Purslow | News | 21/01/2011 11:53am 43 Comments

Activision have recruited three studios to work on the next Call of Duty title. Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software.

The LA Times report that in the wake of Infinity-gate (where Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired last March), the Modern Warfare developers have been sufficiently affected enough by staff losses that extra help has been sought from Sledgehammer Games. Read on for more detals.

Sledgehammer – a studio recruited by Activision to work on a Call of Duty spin-off game – are now helping Infinity Ward out on the single-player component of their current title, which is tipped to be Modern Warfare 3 (no surprises there).

Wisconsin-based Raven Software have also been brought in to work on the multi-player element, according to the article.

This will be the first time in Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty history that aid has been sought for development on a project, with all previous Modern Warfare games being produced solely by the IW team. With the loss of many of Infinity Ward’s staff, it comes of no surprise that Activision are doing all they can to ensure that this year’s Call of Duty title is out on time, which will most likely be in November once more. However, this action will probably delay the production of Sledgehammer Games’ own Call of Duty title.

link:http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/21/c...oped-by-three-studios-out-november-this-year/

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
after that failure with MW2 i doubt this will be good. I will try to get this game if and only if it has dedicated servers, NO nukes/other things that ruin the game, and good sound effects(MW2 guns were really squeaky)

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Same as nick said. Mw2 flopped. This probably will too. I hope that I'm wrong though.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Call of Duty series seems to be turning into the Tony Hawk franchise, just another cash cow for Activision. The only way this installment will be good if the combine the good aspects of BO (dedicated servers, new game modes, currency system, etc) with the aspects of MW 2.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Another game, another $60+. Geez!!! LOL

I'm gonna hope they release true dedicated servers. BO servers are limited like no other. :(

malasins

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
hm the "you died" thing doesn't make it look realistic that's why i perfered MW1 it makes it look more realistic

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well i am hoping that the backlash and poor job they did on MW2 will be a reason for MW3 to be a much better game, not worse. I hope they learn from their mistakes and try to actually improve them. Sadly, as Master said, it doesn't seem to matter how good or bad it is, it's a cash cow and ppl flock to buy it. Until consumers stop paying for the games and demand developers give us some things we want, not much will change IMO.

IeditZ

Corporal
GUNNA BE SO AWESOME

I bet your gunna have a new perk called triple mardy just replaces all your perks with mardy. So now your drop THREE count them One Two THREEE nads.

Yah this game is gunna most likely suck...... lol.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
LOL yeah I dunno either guys, I still to this day haven't played MW2 but all the shit I've heard about it is probably why. I'm sure it's just the MP that's the shitiest part of it all, no dedicated servers and all that.. Imagine if they made MW3 like they did the first one but just better graphics, perks, things like that. They'd have it made!

Top Bottom