Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare couldn't write a file. The hard drive is probably full

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
copy pasted this post from somewhere else, but the problem I have is the same.

I have installed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and need to play, but this error comes up every time I try to run the game: [Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare couldn't write a file. The hard drive is probably full.] I have Windows Vista & RealTek sound card.
There are 251gb free space on my hard drive and the installation of the game was successful. However, this error ruins my day. So it's me or it.
I updated Direct X to the latest version, same with sound, but still the game wouldn't work.

I've tried a couple of things, but nothing would work. I've done some search on the Internet, found out it's a common error, but didn't find a way to solve this.
Also, my computer is clean of spies, viruses etc., so I don't have to run the antivirus program again.

Now, if you please.
Suggest something cause I'm unlucky and a bit unhappy.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
First, why did you need to re-install the game in the 1st place?

Qartveli

Corporal
i am getting errors if i have my mic / headsets / sound Turned off /pluged off but it was different error iw3mp.exe was crashed or something
maybe delete game and reinstal it?

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
First, why did you need to re-install the game in the 1st place?

I didnt do the exaxt same things the person in this post did; the only thing that you need to worry about is that I am getting this error messege: [Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare couldn't write a file. The hard drive is probably full.] and I have plenty of space on my hard drive. P.S. Updated all my drivers and made sure sound was ok.

TheMechanic

Private First Class
well what i did is when it did this i just exit the game warning and then clicked again simultaneously and it worked

Top Bottom