The Sniper Lounge

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Hey Guys,
Recently I've been seeing a lot of Call Of Duty players picking up snipers that never used them before. These people are always asking for tips on how to get better at qucik scoping. In my opinion, watching someone else snipe is a great way to improve your sniper skills, so I thought I would post a video that taught me how to quick scope and play agressive with a bolt action. This video is by a Call Of Duty player named Hutch who now works for Machinima. I know this montage has some weak music that you would probably never listen too, but if you can get past the girly pop music, it is really a good montage in my opinion. This video is just a basic sniper video. I thought it would be cool if people could use this thread to ask questions on problems they are having sniping, and people could also give tips and opinions on what makes a great sniper. Even if you do consider your skills to be above average, you can still learn things from others. If this sounds interesting to you then post a comment, if not then don't worrie about it. I'm not a post whore so it really doesn't matter if this thread catches on. I was just trying to give my two cents about the situation. I'm not sure if there is already a thread like this, but I hope this helps all the upcoming snipers.
Thanks and here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4bEWL52OIg

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
theres one problem with the video-its X-Box
quick scoping is easy on ps3 and X-Box
I love the music
hes good
thanks for the thread city it was a great idea

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Qartveli
Fuck why my bullet always goes wrong way HUH

well cause u need more practice...i suggest haveing steady aim if ur just starting to no scope
even i still use steady aim and ive been a sniepr for awhile

quick scoping is easy,easier the closer u r(4 me at least)
or u can go for the traditional distance scope shooting

i would say do distance shooting first,then try quick scoping, then no scoping with steady aim,then no scoping no perk

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
quick scoping is the way to go, but i suck arse(PUGG) at qsing on xbox, LOL.
and yeah, im getting hellllla rusty on PC cuz i spend too much time on xbox now LOL

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
well when im on s1 mine is this:

m40a3
dragonuv
stun nade
claymore x2
whatever the perk was that gives u a second weapon other then handgun
steady aim

well i will once i get all of those things

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I went 88-100 in a 1v1 against my friend on his Xbox with the intervention on high-rise. We only dis quickscopes and noscopes

Grey_Fox

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
A little tip for the n00bs to sniping....I won't mention any names *cough cough Mala*cough*sins ....lol jk. You do NOT want to have your scope pull up via the Toggle method, I repeat, do NOT. What I mean by this, is that when you right-click once and let go, the sniper automatically pulls up. This is the default for COD and unless you rebind this, you will go nowhere. So instead, go for the non toggle mode...the mode where you have to hold down the right click to pull up your scope all the way....the mode where when you're scoped, you let go of the right mouse button to take off your scope. Having it set like this helps in a number of ways....the biggest being, that you can let your scope back down while you're in the middle of pulling it up. In Toggle mode...no such luck. You right click, and it's over...you will have to wait until the scope comes up fully before taking it back down. It is nice to have non-toggle mode because if you start to pull up your scope and you see someone through your scope aiming right at your gullet, you can immediately pull back down and move to dodge the shot. Anyway....for those of you who are used to Toggle mode...it will take a little bit to get used to this, but I can guarantee your sniping skills will in improve greatly! To rebind your scope to non-toggle mode...you go into your controls and unbind the "Toggle Aim Down Sight" button and leave it unbound. There's another option that I don't remember then name of...that will stay bound to your right click and you should be good to go. I hope all that made sense...

Thanks,

FoX

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
Awesome thanks fox

Sent from goss' iPod touch using Tapatalk

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
quick scoping is the way to go, but i suck arse(PUGG) at qsing on xbox, LOL.
and yeah, im getting hellllla rusty on PC cuz i spend too much time on xbox now LOL

I would spend a lot more time on xbox too if I had one. It seems like it would be more fun.

Top Bottom