My new mouse: Logitech G500

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Since my wife decided to sell my old PC to my godson, my PC mouse went with it and I was stuck with an Apple white mouse (1 clicker type of mouse). I didn't do too bad with it but at times when I had to brings my sights up I'd accidentally fire LOL (in order to right-click, I had to remove my finger from the left-side of the mouse). So after being without an actual PC mouse for a few days, I needed one badly! I was originally planning to order the Logitech MX518 from newegg but since I was out and about today, Fry's Electronics and Best Buy weren't that far away. Fry's had the MX518 (backordered) for $59.99. Newegg has it for $44.99 so I figured I'd buy it online instead.

I decided to stop by Best Buy just to see how much they had the MX518 for and it was 5 bucks cheaper from Fry's. I was browsing around and noticed an open box yellow tag for the G500 priced at $44.99; brand new it's $69.99! All it said it was a display model. I asked a salesperson to open it for me so I can see what the damage was. Everything looked brand new! It came with the weights, install disk (didn't need it anyway). Some minor scratches from being used on the bottom but definitely nothing to cry over.

I have no idea why, but he decided to sell it for $42.99 instead, saved a whopping $27 bucks from new! No complaints once again. :D

I never had a gaming mouse so it's definitely gonna take a bit to get used to. I love having a back and forth button! No more hitting the backspace on the keyboard to go back a page! w00t!

Anywho, here is the mouse so you can see the specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318&Tpk=logitech g500

:D

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
sweet deal Wally. I just got the G700 and it pwns. I love the unlocking scroll wheel. Comes in handy when scrolling console. It's 10x faster than the pg down button. Very comfy too.

Qartveli

Corporal
nice one wally
i dont know what mouse should i buy i tryed wirless but i it was realy shit for gaming
i tryed few compac mouses but it looks like i have to keep looking further

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I actually originally bought the Logitech G500 and ended up returning it to Newegg to replace it with the MX 518. Not sure if it was just mine mouse or what but the arrow on the screen would "jiggle" if you would when the mouse what just sitting still. It would also all the sudden jump from one side of the screen to the other, and keep in mind it would do this in the game too so you can imagine that, lol.

So the things I tried, I tried new drivers, microsoft drivers, mousepad and no mousepad, and even tried it in linux which seemed to be better, but still did it. So I ended up returning it and getting the MX 518 and couldn't be more happier with it!! :D

P.S. The G500 is a laser mouse and the MX 518 is Optical, not sure if this was the reason of it's jitterness but I've got a good one now, I'm happy!

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Does a gaming mouse really make that much a difference playing? Someone told me it did. I think what's more impressive is the money you saved. I hate when I buy something expesive, then figure out later that the price went down. I feel like I wasted all this money. Once I brought a sweatshirt that cost like 90 something bucks. I know that's way to expesive for an every day hoodie but I got it anyways. Later I fugured out that they sold that same hoodie for much cheaper at a discount store. I guess some rich ass kid brought it and wore it for a day then sold it to the discount store. I was so bummed.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
LoL City, yeah that sucks and happens all the time!

And IMO, a gaming mouse does make a lot of difference, not only the precision of it but also the extra buttons too. My MX 518 has 5 buttons on it, all customizable and I have just about all of the set up for the game. That way when I'm playing basically the only thing I use the keyboard for is to move, and to my knife or throw special or regular nades I use the buttons I have set up on my mouse. I even have my (5) key for UAV support set up with it too, that way I can do all of it just using my mouse, helps out a lot IMO. :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Code, I love the unlocking scroll wheel. It comes in handy while being on the forum.

Blu, this one isn't giving me any issues. It's been working right off the bat. I'm still getting used to it though. It's bigger than my previous mouse and a bit heavier which I may take out some weights. I added all 6-4.1 gram weights lol

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
i have a logitech M305. its a great mouse for me, small, portable, wireless. Idc if i dont have a side button for knifing like my dad does, i use scroll down for knife. Also, it has very smooth movement, even though i play with my mouse on my couch arm rest without a mousepad XD

Top Bottom