Black Ops: List of problems and glitches.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
This thread originated from a steam forums thread.

Why this game QUICKLY needs to be patched / List of problems - Steam Users' Forums

A list of problems that not just I had, but obviously many other players:

* "Downloading game settings" appears continuosly, but doesn't disappear anymore

* "Connecting..." isn't possible

* "Connecting..." takes very long (this includes the "Fetching stats"-window)

* Connecting to game-servers isn't possible

* Connecting to game-servers takes even longer

* Lags occur at several servers, although the ping is fine

* Stuttering game/Low FPS-rate on SP + MP (-> too high CPU-usage, too low GPU-usage?)

* Stuttering killcam

* Stuttering game/Low FPS-rate when looking at other players or while in gunfights

* Stuttering while in the menus

* Players lose levels/Players go back to lvl 1 (-> game-files differ from online files?)

* Players lose clan-tags, emblens and callsigns, also created classes get resetted sometimes

* Game doesn't shut down proper (you get an alert when starting the game, where you can choose to reset all settings except for the controls)

* Error-message when starting the game: "Your computer appears to have change since the last time you ran Call of Duty..." and so on

* Players sometimes have no sound

* Random crashes

* Random crashes while in the game, requiring hard reset

* Random crashes with console saying the clantag was corrupted

* Loading-screen-crash when loading the second map while being on the same server

* Too few (or none?) servers close to Korea

* No "stop"-function on the server-browser (makes it hard to choose a server from the list, because the list constantly moves)

* No option for a maximum-latency in the server-browser

* Not possible to play zombie-games

* Zombie-level 5 extremely laggy

* No servers shown in the server-browser

* Added favorites don't show up under "Favorites"

* Players can't join games unless they added the server to favorites

* Random freezes while in the menus

* Game freezes while "waiting for other players"

* Theatre doesn't work sometimes to always

* Game sometimes disconnects people from the internet

* Game sometimes disconnects people from the internet when refreshing the server-browser

* Server-connection-issue: "Server disconnected; Game session no longer available"

* Killstreak-bug: After achieving killstreaks it's not possible to use them

* Inviting or joining friends doesn't work sometimes

* Friends have problems with joining the same team/get mixed up

* Game sometimes minimizes itself

* Game takes too long to reconnect after being minimized, so you sometimes get disconnected

* Players have problems to find and join their own servers

* Players often respawn inside the line of sight of enemies

* When cancelling a connection to a server while on the server-browser the game often switches back to the main menu instead of staying at the server-browser

* No dinosaurs (another problem I experienced, too)

Singleplayer only:

* Black screen instead of the game

Please add any problems that aren't listed.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I have almost none of these issues, and the ones that do happen - Your cpu seems to have changed message, occasional crashes etc i get in cod4 as well.

I do agree the spawn points are horrible though. One game last night i spawned five times in a row in the enemy spawn zone and got raped. When waiting for a care package, an enemy spawned right behind me, killed me and stole my care package.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Damage you lucky -_- I had nearly all these problems. I guess you're part the 10% this game actually worked for.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yes, i am lucky.

It a shame really. I'm not sure if future patches will help the people with so many issues. I hope it does. Pretty fun game despite all the shortcomings.

B52 bomber is epic. I got nine kills at once with it. Helos can rack up like 20 in one go.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Yea me to I gotta say like Damage I havent had any of these problems yet either, Hope the patch comes out soon for the people whos game isnt working good

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Pwn the link is there click on hes text where it says Why this game QUICKLY needs to be patched / List of problems - Steam Users' Forums and thats the link

Top Bottom