Warnings about malware when i get on the forum

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Odd. I Googled cod4kkk.com and xdtalk.com in Firefox and Chrome and got no warnings. XDtalk looks to be a legitimate forum. Maybe you have your security settings jacked way up or something.

Dizaster

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
or its a posibility that u may have some other Malware deep in ur system. Try downloading malwarebytes and install then run a system scan. if it finds anything just remove them and u should be clean.,

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I actually experienced that yesterday as well. I have no idea what the heck that is.

malasins

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
download NORTON360 it worked for me when i tryed downloading a torrent it said i couldnt get on the internet because it could harm my computer but i scanned it and it had 71 trojans and malaware

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
71 Trojans! :eek:

I'm surprised your computer was still running, LOL. I have got this message before but never going to our forum website though, that is odd. Maybe try out what Diz said and go from there, also it could be privacy settings jacked up way high too as Damage suggested. Do you use Firefox or IE? I use Firefox and never got this message here.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
or its a posibility that u may have some other Malware deep in ur system. Try downloading malwarebytes and install then run a system scan. if it finds anything just remove them and u should be clean.,

I have malwarebytes as well. Very good program.

PwnSauce

Banned
These days most malware infections come from websites being compromised with code that installs stuff on peoples' computers when they visit the site.
Software scanners often patrol the open internet scanning specifically for web servers (TCP/80) and checks the version of their web software.

Once they find a web server with software that's not patched (thus vulnerable to a known attack) it tries a series of attacks on the website until access is given to alter code on the site itself. After that the attacker plants strings of code on the website content that can compromise vulnerable hosts visiting the site. (us)
Forums are notorious for this threat b/c users can post stuff and it's interpreted as code on the client end.

cod4kkk.com runs apache on Apache at hostmonster(.com). That's good b/c apache is among the more secure hosting software but dangerous code can still be posted to an apache web server.

If I were running the site myself, I'd ask my hoster to scan the webfiles for malicious code if they don't already. (They probably do but it doesn't hurt to ask)
That way we'd know for certain that the site is not hosting bad code.

pwn

Server Type: Apache
IP address: 66.147.240.97
Extra: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.14

Top Bottom