Diamonds with Question Marks...

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Dammit, these little boogers came back!! I think it has something to do with the Age and Location I implemented last night on the forum. ::)

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I am still seeing them too Wally, however there doesn't seem to be as many of them. I can see them in the yellow text at the top, where the topic is posted at, but now I don't see them in the buttons at the bottom, i.e. new topic, reply, etc. Another note, I logged in today and there were about 5 or 6 new posts after I clicked the show unread posts since last visit at the top. Well I read one of the posts and what I do is after I read or reply to a post I'll click it again to see the ones I haven't read again, well I clicked it again and then it showed no new posts. But you can go to the home page and it will show new ones there, just not after the first click on show unread posts, kinda weird... :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Here's the answer for it: http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=63934

Though it says it's on Safari but I'm seriously thinking it's the custom themes we use. I can't say it's because I'm using an Apple because I've jumped on the forum on XP on a Dell, along with jumped on the forum on Firefox, IE and Chrome; same thing! So I'm gonna blame it on the custom themes.

Now it's not bugging me as much as before because I used to see them on the bottom where the reply, new topic, etc buttons are at. Hopefully I can find an actual fix for this though.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I still see no diamonds, squares, rectangles or any other shapes! I want to see them and then be annoyed by them too!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Bingo!!! Those darn things!! I already checked my darn Character Encoding and it's set at the Western crap that it should be on.

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
Hahaha, well I don't know. But I have no idea what the hell "Diamonds with question marks" are...

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
No Dustyn, thats a square turned to the left or right at a 45 degree angle, learn your shapes :p

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
That's the same thing as a rectangle :eek:

A rectangle is defined as a parralelogram with 2 pais of opposite sides of equal length and all angles are 90 degrees.

A parralelogram is a polygon with opposite sides parralel to one another.

A polygon is a closed figure, with no curved lines (which means 3 or more sides).

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Ok Dustyn explain this...

Wally said this...
you posted what a Diamond with question marks looks like.

And you said this...
No. Thats a rectangle. Learn your shapes.

And I said this...
No Dustyn, thats a square turned to the left or right at a 45 degree angle, learn your shapes Tongue

And you said this...
That's the same thing as a rectangle Shocked

So what does this mean?? I take it that a square is with 4 90 degree angles with equal sides, and a rectangle is 4 90 degree angles with two sides the same length, and the other two the same length. :p

Top Bottom