Chat Room 2.0!

Do you like the new chat room? Should we remove the shoutbox?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hey everyone!

Just got around to finally getting the chat room up! What do you think? Should we make it permanent and remove the Shout Box?

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
the new chat room is pretty cool looking, I like that while mac look and i like the feature on it

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
shout is lame, but we really need as many options for people to report hackers as we can get. It's hard to get people to even get on the sight and use the shout to report hackers; adding another step to that process will make it even harder (having to get on the chat). Having said this, i do realize that having the chat will make people check the shout a lot less often. So im actually really confused; i don't know whether we should demolish the shout or not.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
One of the reasons why I left both of them on. I will turn the shout off right now so people can start using the chat room to see if they like it or not

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I can say so far I'm not liking it either. One reason is because you have to click the Chat tab to enter it, instead of it being on the home page. And two because the box doesn't wrap with the window when you resize it, it's the same size no matter what.

I like having two windows open for this, use one for the shout to talk and the other to check posts, surf the web, etc..., and with this shout it doesn't wrap like the others did. I actually wouldn't mind trying out the Ajax again, if we can disable the name changing feature, that crap drove me nuts not knowing who I was talking too, lol.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
LoL Pug, I agree. I was actually telling Cav earlier that if we end up keeping this one, then don't expect to see me on the chat very often :(

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Yeah I can say so far I'm not liking it either. One reason is because you have to click the Chat tab to enter it, instead of it being on the home page. And two because the box doesn't wrap with the window when you resize it, it's the same size no matter what.

I like having two windows open for this, use one for the shout to talk and the other to check posts, surf the web, etc..., and with this shout it doesn't wrap like the others did. I actually wouldn't mind trying out the Ajax again, if we can disable the name changing feature, that crap drove me nuts not knowing who I was talking too, lol.

1. I'm working on integrating it on the homepage.
2. I fixed the resizing issue. It'll resize on it's own now.
3. No-go on the Ajax chat...

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
it keeps kicking me, and i have to sign in again. I also keep getting kicked from the website in general now, even tho i select sign in "forever," and i am unhappy. :(
The chat should also be integrated into the main page if possible.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
When did you start having these log-out issues, Dude?

I'm working on integrating the chat to the main page.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
the big chatboxonto the site??? mannn if this is true, then we gonna have a long time to scrolll down

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Do you like the new chat room? Should we remove the shoutbox?

Yes i like the chat room.
no we should not remove it.

WHICH ONE DO I CLICK?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
the chat room has been removed. It was causing more problems than good.

We'll stick to our shoutbox because it's easier to access any-who. 8)

Topic Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom