backing up mw2 single player and special opps

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
If you have not experienced the loss of your profile yet, then you have no idea whats in store for you. I lost my proflie once before and never again will it happen, I am writing this post because of members that have requested it and to help anyone out that wants to keep their status

The first thing that you need to do is to show the hidden files and folders. In win XP, you do this by opening the windows explorer or my computer, click on Tools and then Folder Options. On the tabs at the top click on view, and in advanced settings click the circle to enable "Show hidden files and folders". In win Vista, go to your control panel and double click on folder options, and enable "hidden files and folders" the same as above.

Windows 7 I am unsure since I have not dealt with it. but I am assuming windows 7 is the same or at lest the beta version of windows 7 was the same as vista but i have not used the full version as of yet.

after showing the hidden files you need to go to

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players

and find the file with the name settings_c.zip.iw4 and copy that

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
thnx pug, cost me a lot of time to get all 69 stars on the spec ops. and im not in the mood to do it again

ha ha good just send me the file then :p :)

o and by the way dont leave it on the desktop or anywhere simple coz i did that and when i had trouble it went walk about. so had to ask ryan to send me a copy of the file so i never had to do it again lol

thanks ryan

Kaptein_Guus

Sergeant
Ive copied some high ranked profiles from my games to a external hard disk:)
This moment im writing a manual to copy ur CoD WaW profile 8)

Top Bottom