Bringing COD4 Back?!

Have a server?

• Total voters

maJ

G*59
So as you guy's may know CoD4 is being remastered and with that, When it comes out there are going to be massive amounts of players coming back to PC.
And so with the old K3 server's being alive for as long as they were I think If we got one again when the remastered version comes out it would be very active and alive.
It costs money to run a server, Also needs moderators and such which looks like a problem with the current admins as they dont play CoD4 (don't blame you, its old) And a looot of members/admins arent active.
Would kinda like to know how much it would cost to run one?
Donating to have a server seems like something I'd do.
But this is just a thread to see what everyone thinks.

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
Its been confirmed that the remake will have dedicated servers?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
IF we did get an active server going there would be people to mod. Even though i don't currently play, i would mod (and probably play)

Would be fun to get an active server going again, but not fair to Wally to have to pay for a wait n see. If one got going i think it should be via donations.

I'm not sure on the cost.

What is this remaster and when is it due out? How much is it?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'd be willing to pay for a month's worth for the server. We can talk about the financial stuff after the server is up.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
You have to buy Infinite warfare to get cod4 remaster...it will have "dedicated" servers but not private.. just like the recent cod titles...the way of the clan server in cod is dead never to return..sorry..it's sad but true

maJ

G*59
I'd be willing to pay for a month's worth for the server. We can talk about the financial stuff after the server is up.
I didn't even know they were going to release it for the PC honestly, But either way the people who don't want to buy Infinite Warfare will go back to the current CoD4 and I think it's going to be a lot of people coming back. I have no clue at the price ranges but I think the server should only be kept running from donations. I don't like you paying for everything. I would be willing to donate some money, to help start it up or even start it up off of my donation alone but that depends on what it would cost. We will just have to see? Thank you for even considering this idea though :)

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
IF we did get an active server going there would be people to mod. Even though i don't currently play, i would mod (and probably play)

Would be fun to get an active server going again, but not fair to Wally to have to pay for a wait n see. If one got going i think it should be via donations.

You have to pay like $80 for some special edition I believe.

maJ

G*59
You have to pay like $80 for some special edition I believe.
I thought it was like $120 for Infinite Warfare and the remastered version? Heard that a long time ago so I'm not sure
[DOUBLEPOST=1471918835][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh for sure it should be from donations.
I would be willing to donate to even start it up.
Depending the price, If it's too much I won't be able to do it by myself right now. Not enough money coming in for that

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
You have to buy Infinite warfare to get cod4 remaster...it will have "dedicated" servers but not private.. just like the recent cod titles...the way of the clan server in cod is dead never to return..sorry..it's sad but true
Sadly the CoD devs don't like the community as they once did. Just look at the recent games after BO. No player run servers = insta dead game after 8 months.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Sadly the CoD devs don't like the community as they once did. Just look at the recent games after BO. No player run servers = insta dead game after 8 months.
The longer a game lasts, the less money they make off of recycling. Sadly, the same will probably apply to CoD4 remastered. :/

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Do you guys not do donations anymore? Do you guys still play in the server or is it a special occasion type of thing? I have a PS4 and was thinking about getting the game. I was stoked to hear about COD 4. It brings me back. I honestly thought well maybe I should buy a PC along with the game so I can play with yall. But if i get the game, maybe I'll see you guys around on ps4. we can get some nice domination/S&D/FFAs going. :)

Top Bottom