BO3: No valid DX11 videocard found

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Hi everyone!

So I bought the BO3 installed it and tried to launch the game but failed. Restarted the computer and failed again.

Every time its the "No valid DX11 videocard found".

Im on Win 10 and I have DX11 installed and it does work with other games - I've just tried launching TW Shogun 2 and it works perfectly well with DX11. I don't remember what card exactly I have but it's one of the earlier NVidea GeForce GTX series cards, should be 540 or something like that.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
The graphics card won't run it. The system requirements are a GTX470 as a bare minimum. You would need to upgrade your graphics card, I suggest something like a GTX770.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
The graphics card won't run it. The system requirements are a GTX470 as a bare minimum. You would need to upgrade your graphics card, I suggest something like a GTX770.
Wait wait wait, the card does run DX11. And if BO3 requires 470 and I have 540 it should be above the minimum.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446984979][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, ok, I see.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446992845][/DOUBLEPOST]Requested a price return :/

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
i ran into driver problem at first..they have game ready drivers for it..i ran it without the game ready driver and i had big yellow flashing clouds ..the right driver fixed it for me

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Wait wait wait, the card does run DX11. And if BO3 requires 470 and I have 540 it should be above the minimum.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446984979][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, ok, I see.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446992845][/DOUBLEPOST]Requested a price return :/

For those who dont get nvidia numbers, my way of explaining things to customers. The first number is the range/generation number. Higher the number, the newer the card. The next 2 numbers are the chipset numbers. The higher, the more powerful the card generally. The last 2 numbers are the ones you should be looking at. As an example, a GTX580 should perform better than a GTX650 (In theory, and non overclocked). Hope this is helpful.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
For those who dont get nvidia numbers, my way of explaining things to customers. The first number is the range/generation number. Higher the number, the newer the card. The next 2 numbers are the chipset numbers. The higher, the more powerful the card generally. The last 2 numbers are the ones you should be looking at. As an example, a GTX580 should perform better than a GTX650 (In theory, and non overclocked). Hope this is helpful.

That is indeed helpful!
But I actually have a laptop so its something-540M, which probably makes it even less powerful

I got the money back from Steam.
Wouldn't have much time to play anyway so Im not even upset.

Many thanks, Mark!

Top Bottom