Win 10 issues

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
so we can help each other figure this schnitzel out

I was able to remove web search in start menu..and some other tweaks to edge..

buuuut now my pc wont sleep..like when i click sleep it turns off for 10 seconds then completely reboots from bios screen :|

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
I haven't hit any major bugs on any of my installs home and client PC's.
There is actually a settings to disable the web search no need to modify anything. Notice it also says Search Windows instead of Search Windows and Web. Always check for the latest updates because a new update might fix your problem. Update all your drivers to the latest(It's best to use a driver remove tool to get ride of old drivers.).
win10settings.png

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Whatever you do, stay away from registry hacks and other stuff for options for the time being. As stevo said, things are still changing with new updates.

Go to your mouse and keyboard Power Management tabs in device manager and turn off wake from sleep. If sleep works, well, in the words of the Hyneman, "Now there's your problem."

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I found that if you have teamviewer installed, it often wakes your PC.

This was my case. I uninstalled it and haven't had any issues since

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
the issue is not ,i repeat not just waking up out of sleep..it completely reboots...i click sleep >>it turns off>> ten seconds later the bios screen appears and it goes thru the whole boot process
[DOUBLEPOST=1439011883,1439009030][/DOUBLEPOST]ok fixed..it was a program called Gigabyte ONOFF ..unistalled it and now it sleeps :bh: (murmurs under breath*macs dont have these stupid problems*) ffs

oh yeah some of my text is fuzzy some work fine..thanks Obamicrosoft!
[DOUBLEPOST=1439014758][/DOUBLEPOST]fuzziness fixes are unchecking dpi scaling in high def...in properties/compatibility of each app (chrome or steam etc)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Upgraded a Dell XPS today. Then did a clean install immediately after. Saved 18GB by doing so. No issues with the upgrade or the clean install. Just be sure to do the updates until they're no more to be done.

Top Bottom