In need of some PC experts

Sgt.Fishy

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Now, I know I have the basics down, but I need someone that knows their products and how they work together. I'm in need of a new PC, this one can't really run anything anymore, processor is so damn slow it took me 5 minutes to enter a game for BF3, while CoD or FEAR runs just fine.

Right now I'm thinking of just buying a faster PC and just swappin my graphics card into that one.

Right now, these are the specs on my PC.

The PC is a HP (model a6745f)
Processor: AMD Anthlon Dual Core 5050e 2.60GHz
4GB RAM
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 6670

I love the video card, it's a damn good one, I just need a PC with more power. Looking to spend just 500-600 on the PC itself, no need for a monitor, keyboard or mouse.

Any help is appreciated.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
One suggestion:
  • Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
  • G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB
  • Crucial MX100 128GB SSD
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
  • Gigabyte GTX 960
  • BitFenix Neos case
  • Corsair CX600

Total: ~$620

Last edited:

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
how much you looking to spend?
id need websites you would buy from as im in the uk id not know which ones would ship to you and what they stock.
have you got a case, monitor, keyboard and mouse your happy to keep or do you want to replace any of them
how much storage do you need etc

Sgt.Fishy

Sergeant
|K3| Member
@Pugsport maybe around 500-600, 700 is the max as of right now.

@Joonikko that actually sounds really good in all honesty! right in my price range :) if I could get rid of mine for 150ish I'd be in better shape for better parts, unless if it doesn't sell then I'll just give mine to my dad.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
ok ive had a quick look on the newegg.com website and came up with this

Case: - Antec VSK4000E black
Power supply: - Corsair CX series CX750M ($10 rebate)
Ram/Memory: - Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 2133Mhz
Motherboard: - Gigabyte GA-Z97M-DS3H (does has sata 3, usb 3.0 and hdmi out and is a micro ATX)
Processor: - Intel Pentium G3420 3.2Ghz LGA1150 (does have onboard graphics for backup/testing)
SSD Drive: - Samsung 850 Evo MZ-75E250B/AM 250Gb 2.5"
Graphics Card: - Sapphire Dual-X R9 280 3Gb ($20 rebate)

works out at $676.93 without the rebates.

i would stay away from small size SSD drives as they soon fill up plus you will lose a small amount of space for drivers etc (i have a 120Gb SSD now and windows is seeing it at 111Gb) plus you also want to leave another 20Gb or 30Gb empty off that so that the drive does not have to keep using trim as this will decrease the life of the SSD. also buy running a Z97 chipset board you have the option to upgrade to a I series processor at a later date to give you a performance boost (you maybe to pick up a used i5 or i3 for good money on ebay at a later date) this is the reason for the faster ram/memory as the i series cpu tend to like high memory speeds so its not worth buying anything slow (buy slow i mean 1866 and under). its not really worth running an aftermarket cooler on a stock clocked processor as the intel one does a good enough job at keeping things cool (i did look for the intel pentium K processor but newegg dont seem to have it) i went with a micro atx as there was no point in buying an atx case to put a m-atx board in as it just looks stupid and also may as well make the most of the space saving m-atx board

Top Bottom