The NEW Macbook!

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Have you ever looked at your computer and thought "This really needs less power" or "I wish this could make my life harder"?

Well Apple's got the product for you! It's the NEW Macbook!

2015_new_macbook_gold.jpg

This beast of a mousepad features a 12 inch LED retina display(2304x1440px), a 1.1 GHz Intel Core M processor, 8GB of onboard RAM, a whopping 256GB of flash storage, an Intel HD Graphics 5300 graphics processor, a 480p FaceTime camera, and a redesigned keyboard/trackpad.

It features not one but TWO ports. One port is a USB-C port to handle charging, video output, and data transfer at USB 3.0 speeds! The other port is a 3.5mm standard headphone/mic jack.

All this for only $1300!

Out of the box, you will only be able to charge this piece of crap. If you feel like, say, plugging in your phone, using a mouse, etc. you'll have to buy a bunch of adapters for $30 from Apple. You will also no be able to charge the laptop while syncing your phone and/or using a mouse. Why? Because some genius over at Apple decided nobody plugs anything in to a computer anymore except to charge it.

Now, do you have a lightning-to-(something) adapter? Too bad. They changed it to USB-C so you'll need to re-buy your current adapters.

Why did anyone think a glorified Chromebook would be a good idea over at Apple? People are going to buy this thinking it's an upgrade(because of the higher price) to their Macbook Air, or even some Pro models. When they get home and take it out, they'll realize that Apple has actually removed many features, slowed down the system using crappy parts and changed the design slightly.

If you really think about it, this is Apple's version of either a Chromebook or Surface that has a permanent keyboard. And it's terrible.

/endrant

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The new Chromebook got released. $1,000.

These companies are trippin'. Either way, neither of those laptops are meant for you and I.

If you're in the market for something lightweight, this would be it. Thing is really light!

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
I want one so bad...

Yes the ports are weird and expensive, but just look at the damn thing.. You can take that shit anywhere you want, it has a beautiful screen, decent speed for all day tasks (you don't buy this for gaming or graphics design, there's other computers for that) and it weights close to nothing.
They made it so easy and simplistic, i like it a lot.
To everyone whining at it being too simplistic; this Macbook is a new line of Macbooks, you can still choose either the Macbook Air or Macbook Pro if you want more ports or more speed.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
@King_JCD Yes this was announced along with the Apple Watch.

@Titoezz Honesty the design is okay and weight is nice. But other that casual Facebooking or checking email, maybe even some Netlfix, I can't see any practical application for such a powerless, featureless laptop.

I mean atleast the Chromebook has a touch screen, 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB-C ports, SD card reader, the choice of an i5 with 8 GB RAM or i7 with 16 GB RAM, 720p webcam, Intel HD Graphics 5500(compared to the Intel HD Graphics 5300 of the Macbook).

All of this while being 2mm thicker, and having only a pound more weight for the power. It also has a bit more heft to it which is really nice in my opinion. A paper thin computer seems easy to bend/break. And just feels cheap to me.

Not to mention with all that extra power and ports, the Chromebook is $300 less.

I personally would get neither of these. But if I absolutely had to pick? I'd go with the Chromebook and install a better OS onto it. And of course I'd be upgrading that 32 GB SSD to something bigger.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
I have a mac and I like it a lot, but stuff like this where ppl talk about it being a couple ounces lighter than the last one is ridiculous to me. My 2011 macbook goes everywhere with me and has been through a lot (i'm not easy on electronics) and it still works just fine, and it cost less than this thing does when I bought it new. Marketing is so huge and Apple has it down so well, all they have to do is bring up a couple new colors and make it a couple ounces lighter and there you have it mac lovers go crazy. I just wish I could come up with a product or something as stupid as this and make money selling it as well, lol.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I have a mac and I like it a lot, but stuff like this where ppl talk about it being a couple ounces lighter than the last one is ridiculous to me. My 2011 macbook goes everywhere with me and has been through a lot (i'm not easy on electronics) and it still works just fine, and it cost less than this thing does when I bought it new. Marketing is so huge and Apple has it down so well, all they have to do is bring up a couple new colors and make it a couple ounces lighter and there you have it mac lovers go crazy. I just wish I could come up with a product or something as stupid as this and make money selling it as well, lol.
Agreed.

I have the late 2014 Pro. It's lighter than my pc, and very, very portable. It's powerful enough to handle almost anything, even some light gaming.

The OS is still really weird to me, as I mainly use PC. But with running things like photoshop/illustrator, etc. It far surpasses both of my Windows machines.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive

Well said.

It amazes me how many people give blind devotion to a brand name.

I value money far more than that.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Well said.

It amazes me how many people give blind devotion to a brand name.

I value money far more than that.
Or when people say they "love" a company.

That company doesn't even know you exist. They don't care that you know the entire company's history and know "cool facts" about them. They care that you gave them money for their product. That's it. That's all the company sees you as. Money machines.

I go with the brand that has superior products, or products that I like.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
My friend has one..he said it the charger/usb c thing has a T port on it so you can do all those things you were mentioning at the same time as charging ..he loves it..retina display is epic..this is a dude that has the choice of any machine to be given to him by his company ..Worth the money? i dunno but i would love to have one...

Top Bottom