[SOLVED] Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codfather

Private First Class
1. Codfather
2. I dont remember exactly but about 4 weeks ago. I dont know who banned me either.
3. The admin that banned me thought i was hacking.
4. I didn't know you couldn't do commands and i used some commands (they didn't work). Then the admin asked what i was doing and i said "hacking". I was just joking. I like the server and wanna be unbanned.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
The admin that banned you will state his opinion (Animal66) and we can go from there .

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (13:01) Codfather says to all yeah
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:59) Codfather says to all im trying to hack this server bro just relax
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:58) Codfather says to all y
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:57) Codfather says to all !/rcon clientkick <slot #>
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:57) Codfather says to all /rcon clientkick <slot #>
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:55) Codfather says to all just camping
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:55) Codfather says to all no
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:55) Codfather says to all what
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:51) Codfather says to all mp_broadcast
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:50) Codfather says to all !mp_broadcast
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:17) Codfather says to all gg
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:17) Codfather says to all oh haha thank
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:17) Codfather says to all !w
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:17) Codfather says to all !w
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:16) Codfather says to all haha
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:16) Codfather says to all oh thats cool
Tuesday, 03/02/2015 (12:16) Codfather says to all !w

Read in reverse order. These are his chats before he was banned. I'm just posting this here as context. I was not present and therefore have no opinion.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
It was myself that banned you. There are some things that i take VERY seriously. Threats to hack our server are amongst those things. I do note that it's taken you a month to make an appeal. Quite honestly i am in 2 minds here. On the one hand, we as a clan are all for giving people second chances, But saying you are going to hack our server, whether as a joke or not, is to me, serious as hell. I'm not going to make a decision on this one as it's pretty late here, I'm going to sleep on it and possibly discuss it with other staff members and go from there.

Please be patient whilst waiting for a reply.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
In my honest opinion, that was a really, really dumb move.
If you say you will hack the server, that's not something we take lightly.

Now that being said, you seem to not know the commands anyway XD so you're probably harmless. But still, don't joke about hacking.

Now, it was over a month ago, and he seems pretty harmless to me. I say unban. Further threats to hack the server, joke or not, re-ban.

I don't have any say in this though. So wait for Animal to come back. :)

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I can make no decision or affect it either but, to me, what he has done may be stupid but it is obviosly 100% innocent.

I mean, b3 commands can never hack a server, commands like "!rcon blahblah" from a random player can do NO harm whatsoever
Equally, one would never be punished in real life for saying "I'll kill you" without sufficient evidence of preparations/attempts to kill.

He's had his (very severe) lesson for a simple stupid joke, his behaviour neither posed threat to the server safety, nor could it possibly decrease the number of people playing on the server.

In any event, he NEVER broke ANY rule ( http://krewgaming.com/threads/233/ ) and he never even attmepted to. And this is why, in my opinion, he could have never been permanently banned on sight. Staff members are there to keep the existing rules effective, not to take things seriously and make their own rules straight away, especially when its not a warn-kick for non-stop annoying behaviour but a perm ban for a few fake commands. We've had dozens of people typing those fake commands / commands they were not authorised to use and the worst punishment would normally be a kick for spam.

I say unban, but that's just me.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
@Codfather It has been discussed, and it has been decided that you are to be unbanned. Just as a precaution i would suggest that you don't make jokes about hacking the server. As you can see it can get taken the wrong way.

With that said, could one of the [USERGROUP=3]@Executive[/USERGROUP] please do the honours and unban Codfather please. Welcome back and have fun.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
@Codfather It has been discussed, and it has been decided that you are to be unbanned. Just as a precaution i would suggest that you don't make jokes about hacking the server. As you can see it can get taken the wrong way.

With that said, could one of the [USERGROUP=3]@Executive[/USERGROUP] please do the honours and unban Codfather please. Welcome back and have fun.

I'll take care of it in a few minutes.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom