There's no shout button on ze shoutbox!

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I like to get on the site with my iPhone but the new shout doesn't allow me to post b/c lack of an 'enter' key could a shout button be added?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Lol. I'm having the same problem. Can't post anymore while I'm at work on the iPhone.

Since it's part of the shout interface, I have no control over that. Sucks, I know. :(

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Nope. I think we've tried all of them. Well there's one left but I couldn't get that one to have an actual shoutbox, only a chatroom. Remember the blue chatroom? Yeah, that one.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Well what about going back to the Ajax Chat, I know I talked a bunch of crap on it but it did seem to work good, and there were some benefits that I liked about it also. Yeah I hated the option to be able to change your name, and I was reading on the SMF website and for 1.1 anyways it shows you can actually disable that option in the settings as well as others, not sure about 2.0 though.

Anyways if you guys are up for the Ajax back I'm up for it as well, most of the time it did seem to work pretty good, and we do need something that's going to do that for us :D

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well what about going back to the Ajax Chat, I know I talked a bunch of crap on it but it did seem to work good, and there were some benefits that I liked about it also. Yeah I hated the option to be able to change your name, and I was reading on the SMF website and for 1.1 anyways it shows you can actually disable that option in the settings as well as others, not sure about 2.0 though.

Anyways if you guys are up for the Ajax back I'm up for it as well, most of the time it did seem to work pretty good, and we do need something that's going to do that for us :D

We already have something that's working great. The only issue I've encountered is it not scrolling once in awhile, and that is solved with a simple refresh which takes 2 seconds. We finally have an error free, good chatbox to use, I don't see any point or reason to change. Can't always have your cake and eat it too.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
No changes will be made anytime soon. I haven't heard any errors so far; so this one should be alright. 8)

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Ok that's fine too guys, maybe Wally can find something in the forum configuration that has something to do with the auto scroll. I was just making suggestions, but at least with this one people can't change their damn names, that would fook me off real quick :p

AVC

Banned
Cake? I LOVE cake!!

Isn't there an enter key app available for iPhone?

Maybe it's Apple's revenge!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Cake? I LOVE cake!!

Isn't there an enter key app available for iPhone?

Maybe it's Apple's revenge!

there's a return key but not an enter key. :p

and since there's no button, we can't manually click it to send. I can live without it. ;)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
matter of fact, there's an app for SMF for the iPhone. Time to install it. ;D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Well MC, it's actually a mod for our forum. Once I get it up I'll be sure to post more info on it.

I'm currently busy jailbreaking my 3GS on 4.0 ;D

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I looked into jailpreaking my iPhone but it said I'd be violating At&t's terms of use so I didn't

Top Bottom