Telling little bit about myself

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
So, here I am, going to tell something to you guys, just prepare yourself to hear the horrific truth...Are you ready? Do you want candy?

Just joking eh, funny though I am always last person to catch actually joke, not very good with sarcasm either, I cannot read people's faces and unfortunately as it is I've sometimes hard time recognizing them (it is called Prosopagnosia, just check the google because I know you will), I do not understand subtext, and social contracts or rules whatever you want to call them are strange to me. Example, I do not understand why white lie would be a good thing in certain situations.

Yes, I have Aspergers syndrome. Not going to tell anything more about it, truth is that I really do not know. I just tried to dramatic and tell you this.

Oh well, as in most Aspies, I also have my fair amount of interests; literature, linguistics, music, buddhism etc.

Any questions, just fire a way. :)

f09rw3.jpg

Last edited:

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
My middle son Billy is an aspie, and it really annoys me when uneducated people say to me "What's his special gift then?" It's come to the stage where i'm gonna tell them that he's a master assassin and will snap the neck of anyone who asks stupid questions about aspergers. That and people who pronounce it "Assburgers". When Billy gets something in his head, he goes all out for it. Just as an example, he recently started watching Anime. This led to an interest in Japan and Japanese cultures, which in turn led to him teaching himself to speak Japanese (with a little help from youtube and various other sites).

As with Autism, just because someone is an aspie, does not mean they are savant and will perform Rainman like feats of mathematics or whatever. Meltdowns are common too, but for every meltdown my Billy has, there's those moments of complete clarity and understanding.

Love ya Billy

EDIT: If it's ok with you, i'm going to move this thread to a non spam location. I think it's worth more than that. I'll wait for your say so before i do though.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Thanks for the honesty bro ,it takes courage and I think you'll find everyone here will <3 you regardless ,it's good to have you with us finally :hi5:

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
I totally understand you animal ole buddy. I have to deal with those questions too, I kinda have developed a answer; whenever someone approaches me and ask what I'm gifted, I respond: I'm gifted dealing with neurotypical idiots like you.

I haven't have meltdowns on years, although I get shutdowns more often. I have a theory why it is so: I think it has something to do with are you extrovert or introvert, ectroverted aspies get more meltdowns while introverted get shutdowns.

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
I totally understand you animal ole buddy. I have to deal with those questions too, I kinda have developed a answer; whenever someone approaches me and ask what I'm gifted, I respond: I'm gifted dealing with neurotypical idiots like you.

I haven't have meltdowns on years, although I get shutdowns more often. I have a theory why it is so: I think it has something to do with are you extrovert or introvert, ectroverted aspies get more meltdowns while introverted get shutdowns.
"I'm gifted dealing with neurotypical idiots like you."
too much the answer you're doing XD

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Welcome to the freakshow. I myself have PPD-NOS and ADD. Outsiders call it autism.

And plus 1 for you. It took me 4 years to share this here.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Thanks for the honesty bro ,it takes courage and I think you'll find everyone here will <3 you regardless ,it's good to have you with us finally :hi5:

This :) Thanks for sharing with us! :hug:

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
More about my interests; my major interests are now on linguistics and particularly in neurolinguistics. How language affects our brains. I also share my love with trains and locomotives, and I feel sort of blessed because I got to work surrounds by things I love most; I currently work as locomotive engineer, my hope is someday become train driver but at the moment it is impossible because of my easily overwhelmed senses.

Animal, I really understand that thing going all the way, because I do it myself. Example, with trains I need to know everything about their history, how they are built, how they function. I have even memorized the schedules in my town when will trains stop and go to another town.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Reading the title I thought it was gonna be another 34 year old gay dude opening up about not being 34 and gay..

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
More about my interests; my major interests are now on linguistics and particularly in neurolinguistics. How language affects our brains. I also share my love with trains and locomotives, and I feel sort of blessed because I got to work surrounds by things I love most; I currently work as locomotive engineer, my hope is someday become train driver but at the moment it is impossible because of my easily overwhelmed senses.

Animal, I really understand that thing going all the way, because I do it myself. Example, with trains I need to know everything about their history, how they are built, how they function. I have even memorized the schedules in my town when will trains stop and go to another town.
I am quite interested in neurophysiology too! I mean, it's literally amazing to study your brains... with your own brains... That's THE science that tells us everything about us. Have your read Making up the mind by Chris Frith?

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
Welcome to the freakshow. I myself have PPD-NOS and ADD. Outsiders call it autism.

And plus 1 for you. It took me 4 years to share this here.

Yeah, thx bro. Glad to see I am not only freak show here. :D It was in difficult consideration that will I share this.

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
What an awesome group we have here! It's like the group of peeps in a movie that knows a little bit about everything.

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
@TheDude

I must say I do not understand your question here? Asperger isn't same as Autism, Autism is more severe than Asperger. Asperger is close to high-functioning autism, but it is way more mild. I do not know how Asperger is categorized in United states, but in here linguistics problems are not part of criteria. Yes, I do have perfect grammar, or actually I do not think that I have, I think it is quite poor, but that is not what I wanted to talk about, all I really want to say is that my interests in linguistics has helped me. But I do know, many Aspie that can wrote perfect grammar.

I can't read peoples facial expressions, I never have, and probably never will. And what comes to social insight, I am not even sure what that means, but I guess it has to do with way I talk in internet. Have you ever wondered that it's easier in internet to hold a conversation? In a face-to-face conversation I probably would have all kinds of problems holding a conversation, I would try too hard trying to focus on your facial expressions trying to see that I didn't miss some unverbal cue that you neurotypical people usually send out to the world while trying to listen what you have to say.

And what comes to studying. I cannot study everything, it has to be absolutely in my area of interests, if I lose my interest I cannot study or I cannot even work. I've had to stop jobs because I just simple weren't interested in it anymore. It is very crucial to me that I am interested in what I do.

Needless to say, not all aspie's or even autistic people are alike, we all have our own personalities, our own mistakes, problems etc. We are each unique in our own making.

I hope this gives you some kind of satisfaction @TheDude
[DOUBLEPOST=1422058501][/DOUBLEPOST]And it is not like I've come from far away to get in this point where I am now. Beside all the problems I think everyone is able to do anything, if you put time and patience in your doings. I do need routines in my life to able to function properly, without them I am lost and I get easily frusfated and anxious. And I got my diagnose in my early 20s, so I was raised like a "normal", so you could say that might have also helped me little. :)

What makes me Aspie? Abnormalities in my brain, makes me Aspie, like everyone else who's Aspie.

And I just noticed you mentioned me studying brain, yes I am absolutely fascinated by brain. Neurology, neurolinguistics and neuropsychology has been my field of interest years. It's amazing how we all have cortex, hypothalamus, fornix, septal nucleu, and yet there are no brains that are alike. It is also amazing how your fantasies can overtake you and become evil, and corrupt our minds. And what about neurological reality? Neurochemical impulses firing up, when we're dreaming, fantasizing, hallucinating etc. It's amazing how those things are indistinguishable from the one's banging around inside our skulls when we actually experience those events.

And while I'm still up, I might aswell continue. Being aspie doesn't automatically mean that there are things that I cannot do. I just need to find my own way to do things, it can take time to find that way and there might be not one, but it doesn't stop me trying.

And for real, being aspie doesn't lack my intelligence. I have very high IQ. Having a low IQ is not criteria for having asperger. So I am very self-observant. I know myself. I know my lacks and abilities.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422073422][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am quite interested in neurophysiology too! I mean, it's literally amazing to study your brains... with your own brains... That's THE science that tells us everything about us. Have your read Making up the mind by Chris Frith?

Unfortunately I've not had chance to read that book. I am currently reading Oliver Sack's The mind's eye. The mind's eye is basically book about vision and visual imagination. The book tells us how "the complex workings of the brain and its astounding ability to adapt and overcome disability." In book Oliver Sacks writes about Prosopagnosia, people who can't recognize everyday objects, people who can write but not read, people that cannot see in three dimension.

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Unfortunately I've not had chance to read that book. I am currently reading Oliver Sack's The mind's eye. The mind's eye is basically book about vision and visual imagination. The book tells us how "the complex workings of the brain and its astounding ability to adapt and overcome disability." In book Oliver Sacks writes about prognasia, people who can't recognize everyday objects, people who can write but not read, people that cannot see in three dimension.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422075735][/DOUBLEPOST]
it doesn't stop me trying.
Nothing must stop people trying, ever! Hope you find what you are searching for!:)

Top Bottom