[SOLVED] Problems with space on C harddrive

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Hey guys,

since yesterday, I´m having problems with my space on my C harddrive. I removed a trojan yesterday (at least I think I removed it because no program I use could find it anymore) with ESET Online Scanner, Malwarebytes Antimalware, JRT, Revo Uninstaller and Kaspersky. The trojan was Stormfall (Age of War).

But: Yesterday I had about 300 mb of free space left on C. Today, all space was gone. Then I managed to get again about 300 mb of free space back. Now I took a look on C again, and suddenly only 15mb free space are left! What da heck!

I have no idea, what the problem could be and it would be awesome, if someone could help me.

:thanks:

Edit: Okay, I took a look again. Now it says, 398mb free space. What the hell! Help! pleeeease! It seems like it changes every 10 minutes!

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Kreubs reporting for de-trojaning.

Trojans can be really stupid and hard to remove. So none of these AV's have seemed to do any good?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Can a virus actually eat up free space on a drive?

Or would it just be manipulating the part of the OS that calculates the free space and reports it back?

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
How did you even get the Trojan in the first place.. Thought that was what anti virus software was for..

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Go to search all programs near the start button. Type in %temp% exactly as written, this will find all the temp files on the machine. Then select them all and delete them. This will help free up some more space. You will be surprised at how much becomes free

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
These people have been calling my house twice a day. They never talk when i pick up, but if they do, I'm going to fk with them big time. After getting them overly excited, I'll tell em I'm an FBI agent and ask if they take GVMT issued Credit cards.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
These people have been calling my house twice a day. They never talk when i pick up, but if they do, I'm going to fk with them big time. After getting them overly excited, I'll tell em I'm an FBI agent and ask if they take GVMT issued Credit cards.
Dude you need to record that and post it. That would be funny as hell

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
It seems that it wasn't a trojan eating the space. The Windows partition was too small so it was derping out trying to find any space that it could. After some backups and parition movement/resizing, all seems well. :D

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
All hail Kreubs! For he is the solver of all my problems :hail::hail:

From 31GB to 296 GB on C :w00t:

:ty:

Top Bottom