idiots and animals

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
well today i was doing a bit of work outside in my garden as it was a nice day for a change.

so there i was minding my own business making some kitchen cabinets for a friends house but about half way throw the day i finished cutting all the bits up that would make one row of units up and thought sod it now thats done im gonna grab some lunch and a drink before fixing them all together, so i turn off the table saw and turn round to walk in to the house to go get some lunch and as i turn round im greeted by a dog (a dog id never seen before) the dog looked pissed off as well showing it teeth etc and was stood about only a few feet away from me so i grab the hand saw of my bench (piece of wood laid across two saw horses) and stepped backwards walking around the other end and side of the bench in doors where i shut the door and went into the front room. from the front room window i then watched the dog force its way threw a small hole in the back fence and go into a neighbors garden and shortly after that a few kids screaming at this point i was thinking o fuck but that was it everything calmed down and about five mins later the dog comes back throw the fence in to my garden and then goes behind a bush thats in my garden, i gave it a few mins and it never came back out again so i grab the hand saw just in case and went out to have a look what was what only to find that this dog has smashed/made a hole large enough for it to get threw in my fence.

i was pretty pissed off at this point by the fact that i had this dog in my garden in the first place and second because of what it had done to my fence, so i went to the van grabbed the nail gun and some 60mm nails (which did get attached to the fence posts and their tree as the pieces of wood were not long enough to go from one post to the other) along with some 40mm x 40mm wood batten and temporary repaired the fence before taking a drive round to talk to the owner about the issues but lucky for them they were not in (but had locked all three dogs outside on their own) so i had to leave a note asking if they would be so kind as to give me a call when they got in (not saying what the issue was about or anything as i though they may not call back if they knew what it was about). while i was out i thought i would just call round to the house next door to make sure everything was alright as thats where the kids were screaming.

the women there said yes everything was alright which was a good thing but also said that the dog had been coming in there garden a quite a bit during the day time as well as at night ( i had also heard something moving around in my garden at night but not really thought to look as i was sure it was not a person and just thought it was a cat as there are a lot of cats round here, the women also told me they her husband had been round to the house in question to let them know of the issues with the dog and also to ask if they could do something to help stop it but they never answered the door so he had to wait a few days and then shout throw the fence when they were outside. the lady also said that this dog was a rescue/stray dog and seemed to have a bad temper.

i called the police to let them know of issues and also called the local environmental health. which to be fair was a waste of time as the police said that they would not be able to do anything as no one was attacked and that it was my fault because the fence was not secure to which i tried to explain that the fence was only a few months old and that it has been smashed by the dog or by someone had done it for what ever reason but there was no way that the fence was rotten but i did also explain that i was feed up with having to replace the fence every year or two because their trees keep breaking them. she just avoided the question and i gave up as i needed to get working again.

i really pisses me off that these people have three dogs which are left outside all day to do as they want with no one there to keep and eye on them and take control when needed. dont get me wrong she did a good thing by saving the dog but if she can not cope with the three dogs and three kids then why take them all in, there is no need to have the dog/dogs locked outside at 10 or 12 at night barking and making a load of noise but what really pisses me off is that its getting in to people gardens. i mean it was lucky that it was me out there really and not one of my friends kids playing as it could have been a whole different story.

im now really not to interested in using the garden incase the dog gets back in to the garden and there is no adult out there. which no one should have to feel like that as your home is after all your own space and some where you should be able to feel to safe.

im also not really sure if it happened again how i would handle it as i kinds know its not the animals fault and more the owners fault but if you get attacked i dont really see you have much choice but to take the dog out after all its the dog or me and im higher up the food than the dog and thats how i would look at it as sad as it that maybe be.

i guess my rant is why do people have to many pets that they can not cope with and then let them run wild and upset other peoples lives

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I had neighbors in Oceanside who had two large dogs and kept them outside all day and most of the night because they were never home and didn't want the dogs tearing up the house. Because of this, the dogs would bark and howl at all hours because they were hungry, needed water and were just plain restless at being locked out on a small balcony. Pissed me off to no end. Talking to them and the apartment managers was pointless, as nothing could really be done.

My only solution was to sometimes feed the dogs, as i could easily see down into their patio and reach over the fence to throw them treats and what not. Thankfully, they moved out after a few months.

It sucks, but people routinely take in animals (especially for kids) with visions of rainbows and lollipops, only the discover that it takes actual work to properly care for an animal.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
We had a cat that would always come in our garden and steal the dogs food. A cats different to a dog cus they naturally stray but still.

Consider getting this all around your garden. Just block it completely?

dog_fence.jpg

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
You're right Pug.......... they need to sell the 3 kids!

Seriously - keeping an animal of any kind is a responsibility. As with all responsibilities - some people cope better with them than others.

'Neighbours' should be considerate of their neighbours in the actions they take / dont take - doesnt sound like yours are.

Do the animal protection bodies round you handle this type of problem? ( In the UK, the RSPCA will take action, at least to the point of visiting the 'accused' to check that the animals involved are being well cared for or not, and to steer them on to the straight and narrow if necessary. Eventually they will take the animals into care and if the case is serious enough, prosecute the owner.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
well yet again that dog was in my garden last night making a load of noise running around and barking etc and shitting every where (is thinking about posting it back throw owners door) and also in the garden again today, it would seem there is now another hole in the fence panel after i repaired it yesterday so im now even more unhappy and its becoming clear that this dogs owner does not care one bit.

I had neighbors in Oceanside who had two large dogs and kept them outside all day and most of the night because they were never home and didn't want the dogs tearing up the house. Because of this, the dogs would bark and howl at all hours because they were hungry, needed water and were just plain restless at being locked out on a small balcony. Pissed me off to no end. Talking to them and the apartment managers was pointless, as nothing could really be done.

My only solution was to sometimes feed the dogs, as i could easily see down into their patio and reach over the fence to throw them treats and what not. Thankfully, they moved out after a few months.

It sucks, but people routinely take in animals (especially for kids) with visions of rainbows and lollipops, only the discover that it takes actual work to properly care for an animal.

yer some people are fucking useless to put it in a polite way.

We had a cat that would always come in our garden and steal the dogs food. A cats different to a dog cus they naturally stray but still.

Consider getting this all around your garden. Just block it completely?

dog_fence.jpg

yer i dont mind cats as they dont tend to want a fight over their territory like dogs do and the cats round here just normally ether sit there minding their own business or just leave when you come out, on or two want some fuss but as long as its all friendly its good by me and i dont mind

this dog on the other hand does not come across as being so friendly. as for the fence i have got a proper wooden fence but that dose not seem to be doing trick at keeping it out, i did have the idea of using that metal mesh along with a metal fame work and connecting it to the 240 volt mains so the next time it comes in will be its last time but thats not really fare on the animals that may touch it

You're right Pug.......... they need to sell the 3 kids!

Seriously - keeping an animal of any kind is a responsibility. As with all responsibilities - some people cope better with them than others.

'Neighbours' should be considerate of their neighbours in the actions they take / dont take - doesnt sound like yours are.

Do the animal protection bodies round you handle this type of problem? ( In the UK, the RSPCA will take action, at least to the point of visiting the 'accused' to check that the animals involved are being well cared for or not, and to steer them on to the straight and narrow if necessary. Eventually they will take the animals into care and if the case is serious enough, prosecute the owner.

haha and im sure they would for the right price so if your interested ill let them know ;) but if selling the kids means they have more time to sort out the dogs and keep them in their own garden then its all good by me.

yep ill be calling the RSPCA on monday if things dont get sorted out tomorrow

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well, if the dog is wrecking your property, is there no grounds for taking action?

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Well, if the dog is wrecking your property, is there no grounds for taking action?

nope not by the looks of it mate as the police said because its my fence its down to me to make sure its in good condition and that it can keep people and animals out, i tried to explain that the fence is not that old and the fact that no one else dog has got threw the fences before but its still down to me. they also said because no one has been attacked that no crime has been committed so there is nothing they can do

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I'm not sure how a dog can get through a proper wooden fence? I have a fence that 2 hours of hitting it with a hammer wouldn't do much. Your fence is either not thick enough, bad design or bad wood. Get a wire mesh. The dog won't get through that.

I'm all for the electrified wire (providing it gives an uncomfortable shock as opposed to a fatal shock). Every farmer here uses one of those around their fields.

Top Bottom