build with a DIFFERENCE

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Well Guys and Girls this is going to be a build log for a scratch built PC case with a bit of a difference but more on the difference later ;)

right I've now spent one full night and a few hours messing around with idea for a scratch built PC case and safe to say its been hard work trying to come up with ideas that are not to strange/mental but not boring and also find it hard to think at the best of times but trying to juggle work to find the time for this has been hard. i kind of got push into but it should be well worth it in the long run.

well like it i said i was finding it hard to think of any real good ideas for a case design so like normal when your after information or inspiration i turned to Mr Happy Google and it gave me my first idea from the images i found

i found this image and thought i could work with that

and i also found this car for a colour theme idea

im now thinking a matte black and a candy red theme would be good :)

so the first idea for the build is
Front view

the top will house the motherboard, two 2.5" drives mechanical or solid state drives which will be mounted on two custom reservoirs and graphics card/cards.
the lower part of the pc case will hold the power supply, two 240mm radiators and two pumps
left side view

right side view

view of the back

the gap under the power supply will be a 3.5" hard drive bay and if i can find the bits it maybe a hot swap bay

the second idea was a little bit different

front view

the top area of the case will just hold the motherboard and graphics card/cards and the back panel will be complete so it covers the full height of the case and the full width in order to provide two 120mm fan spaces so a all in one liquid cooler could be used.
the bottom area would hold the power supply, two 3.5" drives as well as two 2.5" drives
left side view

view of the back

the blue area is just to show where the case would split in order to gain access to the inside

the other idea was just a change of motherboard position in the round case and there is also two 120mm fans in the floor of the case and could also place two 120mm fans in the case top for a all in one liquid cooler

both of the round cases are 400 mm, 40 cm or about 15.7 inches in diameter

ok right for the difference with this build

well the first big difference is that this build has no owner as yet and this is because its going to be a auction/raffle build to raise money for charity.

the charity in which it will be raising money for is the Macmillian Cancer Charity and you can find details on the charity at www.macmillan.org.uk
so now just to explain a little as to why and how i became involved/started this project.

the first big reason here was that in may this i lost my uncle to cancer, id never seen what cancer can do/does to a person. i wont go into to much detail but going from the early stages right to the end is not a quick thing, at the beginning the person is fine and their normal self but as time goes on you slowly see the person you love change for the worse. The second is that a few other members of my family have been doing things like sponsored walks and skydives etc but i just dont have the time to take out my day to do something like that so is my idea to try and raise a bit of money for a good cause.

i have to hold my hands up and say until this happend to family member i never really thought about cancer or the cancer charity's etc but now knowing what i know i am 100% sure its we found a way to stop this as no one deserves to go in this way and until we find a way to stop it money raised can be put towards helping those that are going throw it.

the Macmillian ward in my local hospital where my uncle has also played a big factor in my plan to do this because of the way it's run, the staff there were always friendly and also always willing to take the time explain things and answer questions and there was also space provided for sitting outside, there was a tv room that you could also use if you need some time etc.

also depending on how this one goes i could be up for doing another one to help raise money for the hospice that also located on the site of my local hospital which at the time time of may this year was unable to take any more people due to staffing issues ( they said the hospice holds 12 people but due to staffing issues the only had places for four people)

the hospice is run by a charity called St Nicholas Hospice and more info can be found here http://www.stnicholashospice.org.uk/about-us/virtual-tour (the page that that link loads up is the local hospice to me)

so this could be next one if all goes well this time.

i understand that these charities and links wont be much interest to most people here but i thought i would share for the other English people here.

with that being said though the auction/raffle will be open to everyone world wide. so everyone here can get involved when the time comes.

as normal tho if you have any ideas of things to include in the build please feel free to share

ill leave it at that for now and if your interested ill keep updating as thing happen

Top Bottom