Sleep Problems (comp)

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
So for the past week my comp has been having a problem waking up out of sleep;

the fans come on,the lights on my keyboard mouse come on but black screen...
I have to start and restart a bunch of times but eventually it will finally boot up....so far

I don't hear any mobo beeps .. suggestions ?

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The mobo doesn't beep when the computer comes out of sleep. Try updating your graphics driver.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
doing that now...checking it from start up menu it says up to date ,but checking the version it seems im a few versions back...

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Is that for mac? It happened for me once. Shit wouldn't turn on for hours. I tried holding the shutdown button for about a minute which did the trick.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
radeon 6950,,[DOUBLEPOST=1407602788,1407602611][/DOUBLEPOST]also ..should i turn off the integrated graphics? i thought i had it disabled ... :thinking:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
If nothing is plugged into it, then yes, it should be disabled.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
My solution is , don't put it into sleep mode.

I have only run into a similar problem once with my machine. It wouldn't come out of sleep so i had to reboot. What's odd about your issue (to me) is that you have to reboot many times to get back into windows.

Last edited:

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I put my PC to sleep every night.
Usually it takes 1-3 weeks before I reboot it.
This actually happened to me a while back as well. Everything came on except for the monitor. One reboot fixed it.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
What's odd about your issue (to me) is that you have to-reboot many times to get back into windows.
I seemed to have missed that O.O
It won't come back on if you just hit the reboot button once? If that's the case, try hooking in a different monitor if you have one.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Yeah if it takes several reboots it's probably your cord or your monitor.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
LizAt0S.jpg

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
i just tried putting it to sleep and it woke up fine ...

wiped all amd drivers...reinstalled latest one(was about 4 versions back despite machine saying it was up to date)
we'll see if it wakes up tomorrow after sleeping during the night

**side note being paranoid I checked event logs...should I be worried about numerous error 1012 (failed attempts at remote login) going back a few months?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Do you have a tv near your machine? You can HDMI out to the TV and use it as a second monitor to troubleshoot.

Not sure on the error 1012. I checked my logs but couldn't find one like it.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
For 1012, do you mean that it has been happening for a few months or that it happened a few months ago? Either way, I would suggest getting a firewall as that sounds like someone (or a virus) is trying to remotely access your computer via brute force.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
thats what i was reading...:( in the event log it appears like 10 to 20 times in a row spread out a bunch of times overthe past few months..i need to know how to isolatew that ip and block
sorry ,lol know that image is useless its happened 20 times over the past 4 hours or so about every 20 minutes

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I can't read anything from the pic; it's all fuzz. Could you use Snipping Tool?

Top Bottom