Steam purchasing error

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Have any of you guys received the "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support." error? I just tried buying Total War: Rome II and some DLC since it is now -66% and every attempt has failed. (I have enough money in my account and I used the same card to purchase Shogun 2 and Napoleon so it is not a bank error) I contacted steam support but in my experiences they take around 4 days to reply and the Rome II deal, as well as the summer sale, will be over by then.

So I just wanted to know if any of you guys have encountered this and how you fixed it?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Never dealt with that, soz. Maybe try either on a different PC and possibly ask one of your broskies to gift it to you and see if that helps?

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Tried gifting, tried with a different PC, tried on a different network, tried on their web page, and it still doesn't work. :( Other people who encountered the problem also tried steam wallet and pay pal with no results.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
If you have a smartphone download the steam app and buy it from there. Worked for me.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
I tried the mobile App, same results. Steam replied and told me that my purchases were declined due to a differing IP. My billing address is in the US since I am using a US Visa card but since my IP is from Europe, it denied the purchase. The interesting thing is that it worked flawlessly 3 previous times.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
That explains why they declined me when I tried to get bl2. I have to use a vpn at work to buy games(they blocked game related sites) and it had me in the UK.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Yeah, I got it settled. Ottoids let me use his card and I payed him back.

Top Bottom