to buy a 4k monitor or not?

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
Honestly i would wait for Next Gen hardware, but at the same time they might go up in price when they are fully supported 4K Resolutions, but at the same time how long would it take for next gen hardware to be released??? so i guess i'm in two minds as well :p

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Honestly i would wait for Next Gen hardware, but at the same time they might go up in price when they are fully supported 4K Resolutions, but at the same time how long would it take for next gen hardware to be released??? so i guess i'm in two minds as well :p

the new line of gpu are due to come out in the later stage of this year and we wont see the broadwell chip from intel until 2015 about this sort of time in 2015 im guessing due to the haswell update release.

im thinking buying one and having to wait to be able to run it would be a killer

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
erm simple reason of the monitor has better picture than the projector dose.

the projector is hd (1080p) and the monitor is 4k (2160p)
but its potentially 4 times larger at only half the quality.. this means its 2x better

other bonuses - it's mobile (you can take it to your friends) - you can use it for gaming consoles or TV

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I don't see the logic here since 2160p is 4x the resolution of 1080p. o_O
You're right. I got the resolutions mixed up lol. Fine then it's the same quality:size ratio. But a projector is soo coool :D

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
but it's not like any games ar gonna change if you get the 4k you would then wait for a game to com out to be able to play in 4k resolution

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
:yes:
Something :poop:ed out on my projector. After the first lamp died, a shady purple spot showed up. o_O
They are fragile creatures. You need to spend big (and get warranty) if you wanna get good performance from one. Mine was a cheap £200 one and every now and again black lines appear on the screen. To fix it I bash the top of the projector hard and it fixes it temporarily haha.

Providing you do get this monitor @Pugsport, what will you be using it for? Many games don't support that resolution yet (i think) and when they do, you'll need a $5000 PC to run them in ULRA at that res anyway. If it's for movies, then why not projector? If its for graphics n editing though fair play.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
other bonuses - it's mobile (you can take it to your friends) - you can use it for gaming consoles
The eyes of the foolish console peasants would melt inside of their heads if they saw a 4k monitor.

Top Bottom