PC Upgrade and possible case build

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Well ive now found some time to get into gaming again but since its been so long ive been left with an old AMD HD6850 gpu which i did plan to replace but then got busy with and never got round/ needed to replace it (ive had this pc for 5 years now and thats the longest ive been with out an upgrade) . i now have time to do a bit of gaming again but in order to play the new games i need to upgrade some stuff and also want to build a case that i can keep for a while and be able to keep throwing new tech into with out an issue, ive looked throw all the case that are out in the retailers at the moment and none of them really make me think yes i need that case and it will last a good few years, the last case i had was the Coolermaster HAF 932 when it first came out and since then have found nothing really nice to replace it with.

current pc specs are: -

Motherboard: - Gigabyte Z68X-YD5-B3

CPU: - Intel Core i5 2500k Sandy Bridge

GPU: - Sapphire HD6850 Toxic

SSD: - Kingston Hyper X 120gb

RAM: - Corsair Dominator 6gb 1666mhz ddr3

Planned upgrade specs are: -

Motherboard: - staying the same

CPU: - staying the same

GPU: - Asus Radeon R9 290x direct cu II oc 4gb

SSD: - Samsung 840 EVO Basic 500gb

RAM: - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz ddr3

PSU: - Corsair AX860

the other parts that have been replaced will get used at a later date for another project (maybe a media pc for the front room and should still be able to play with that gpu also)

Cooling specs: -

Pump: - Ek-D5 Vario with Acetal x top

GPU Backplate: - EK-FC R9 290x DC II Back plate - Black

GPU Water block: - EK-FC R9 290x DC II - Acetal and Nickel

CPU Water block: - EK - Supremacy clean CSQ - Acetal and Nickel

Radiators: - Alphacool Nexxxos Monsta 480mm radiators (times 2)

Radiator Fans: - Corsair Air Series SP120 high performance edition (times 16)

System Fans: - Corsair Air Series AF120 high performance edition (times 4)

Fittings: - EK - CSQ compression fittings

Tubing: - 10 meters of 12mm OD - 10mm ID ultra clear hard tubing

Cable braiding: - TS 8mm and 4mm Blue sleeving
TS 8mm and 4mm ____ Sleeving (not chosen the 2nd colour to go with the blue yet so if you have any ideas feel free to share)

think that just about covers the parts list for now

Case design is as follows

case if cut in two sections: -
Left side: - will house motherbaord, reservoir and maybe the pump
Right Side: - will house SSD, Hard drives and maybe an optical drive
Lower part of case: - will house the PSU, Two 480mm radiators in push pull and maybe the pump if it dose not go in the upper part of case

there will also be a small space/void area between the left and right side to allow cable management to the motherboard

Case design images so far. the white marks around the edges are where i have removed some of the test that did not belong to that veiw

Front veiw: -

Right Side Veiw: -

Left Side Veiw: -

Rear Veiw: -

the case will be made of an aluminium frame and have carbon fibre panels

i think that pretty covers the project for now

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
What ever happened to the desk pc thing?

And the CF guitar?

My PC is over 4 years old and running pretty slow. I should upgrade , but I'm too lazy. (and cheap)

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
What ever happened to the desk pc thing?

And the CF guitar?

My PC is over 4 years old and running pretty slow. I should upgrade , but I'm too lazy. (and cheap)

The desk is still there man just not had time to finish it off completely as yet but it may turn out that i finish the desk build for this project and save making the case until the launch of Intel's 2015 cpu's as there could be some big some changes to the way it works, so i hear anyway and if that is the case then games will move over to support it.

The Guitar is still a go mate, just needed to get some space set up and also needed to get an oven setup with vacuum and air ports built in to it before i can start making it, it is something i need to crack on with asap tho but if the thread is atill about for it ill keep up dating it. the Guitar is now pretty much ready for moulding so once work restarts it should be moving pretty quick i hope

Yer it sucks when that happens mate, mine aint really to slow but just need a gpu upgrade so i can play some of the later games etc. yer you should upgrade or at least look into it, see how much it would cost you to do it. yep thats you all over lol

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yeah. I even actually have some extra $ now and still won't upgrade. All i probably need is a RAM upgrade, but my cable management is so dreadful, getting to the ram slots would be a huge pain. I have a TON of cables blocking it, which is the main reason why I'm not doing it.

Glad the guitar is still a go.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
lol might as well put it to good use although if you can wait you may be better off until the new chips and stuff come out if your doing a complete revamp. maybe you should try sorting it out as if nothing else it will help with cooling

yer its still on man

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
been working a more detailed drawing of the case although at this time i only have the part done which is as follows. also mad up my mind that the upgraded pc will live in my desk build and this case project will go ahead for a brand new 2015 broadwell build

rear view

side view

front view

the unnamed project will go for a logo or project name if the this project gets named as i think other wise it just looks to plain

Top Bottom