New Rod and Reel

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
Figured i would pick up a new rod and reel since i am working now :D. Tell me what you guys think. The rod is a Redington Classic Trout 3wt 8'6". The reel is a 75mm CNC machined reel with a Teflon drag system.
L4ONQTG.jpg

rZ0QKLZ.jpg

Also considering this one as a backup
ElT7UZ6.jpg

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
um, i don't know very much about fishing, but it looks cool!

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Fishing?? Dont they have fishmongers your way?? Lol - nice looking gear tho bro - reel looks seriously engineered! How much does kit like that cost? How long does it last?

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@BuckRogers The price can depend on a few things. My setup all together is going to be around $170 ish. And that is getting a great deal on the reel. The rod itself was $100 (on sale). The high end rods can read up to $400 easy. Really good reels can be around $200. And quality line will run you between $65-$90.
@DamageINC A steelhead would demolish this rod haha. This rod is for 9-16 inch brown trout that are in streams. Not monster 6 pound steelhead :D
@Storky The company is called SwaggFishing. Which is pretty legit.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
Pretty. I'll try and remember to post a pic of mine a little later.[DOUBLEPOST=1402165156,1402029960][/DOUBLEPOST]@Hultsy You seam to know more about them than I do but this is what i use. My rod isn't anything fancy just a Berkley lightning rod.
0014-3078.jpg

When i went fishing up in Alaska the place we stayed at used only redington stuff so I know they're quality products, but I couldn't ever get hooked on fly fishing, its to much work, lol.

http://www.mooreoutfitters.com That's the guy that guided us and attempted to teach me how to fly fish. Fly fishing is all he does and a friend of mine is now working for him. Idk where you like to fish up north but it might be worth your while, especially if you are thinking about going into fishing full time, to look him up. Great guy and all he does is fly fishing, its what he lives for.

Top Bottom