COD 4 issues.

Rexz >:)

Sergeant
|K3| Member
After changing to the new pc i got my old hard drive so i don't have to reinstall all my steam games, everything works except cod4 and i never really has issues with the game. I've noticed that trying to start multiplayer always lead to a crash with the window "Iw3mp.exe has stopped working". i did try this fix -- > Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Manage audio devices. Go to the "Recording" tab, and right click in the blank area in the middle. Select "Show Disabled Devices", and the device "Stereo Mix" show now show. Enable this device. Then again a thing called "Stereos Mix" doesn't come up. So that seem to failed, would anyone let me know how to fix this, cheers.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
so is the hard drive from a different computer than the new computer? If so, then chances are you need to download the sound drivers for your new machine onto the old hard drive. if it's a bought machine, please let us know make & model and we'll try and sort it out for you.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Plug something into the microphone jack. It doesn't even have to be a mic; it could be old headphones or speakers.

Rexz >:)

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Its a hard drive from my older pc, and connected it to my new machine. What exactly do you need to know about the new one?

Also my new pc has a new windows 7, if that helps

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Make and model of the new pc, or motherboard model if custom built

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
@Rexz >:) Listen to Kreubs!
This is how I get around the sound problem on school computers when the sound settings need admin access!

any 3.5mm plug can be put in. I just use my apple earbuds in the mic jack and then use my headset in the normal headphone jack.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
You can launch without stereo mix if you plug something into the microphone jack.
OMG i had this problem for weeks.. then i randomly plugged in my microphone and it worked. i was like :mr::suspicious::sj:

Top Bottom